Air Conditioning Repair
Central A/C Repair By Service Experts
Air Conditioning Repair and Maintenance
Your central air conditioning plays a vital role in home comfort during the warm season. When the hot temperatures arrive, and they will, you will rely on your air conditioner. Predicting when your unit will require service is difficult and they always seem to occur when you need cooling the most.
Our air conditioning technicians are experienced, certified, licensed, and trained to perform AC repair service. We can repair all makes and models including; Tempstar, Goodman, Lennox, Rheem, Carrier, Trane, Amana, Bryant, Payne, Samsung, York, and any other brand.
Our company service area is York Region; Aurora, Bradford, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, Keswick, King, Maple, Markham, Mount Albert, Newmarket, Pottageville, Queensville, Richmond Hill, Stouffville, Unionville, Uxbridge, Vaughan, and Woodbridge.
When your A/C:
- Makes unusual noises when turned on and/or off
- Has a clicking noise during operation
- Struggles to reach cool temperatures
- Is not blowing cool enough air
- Has a burning smell
- Is louder than normal operation
It’s time to book a repair call. Waiting longer can result in further damage and increased costs of repair.
In order for any HVAC equipment to perform at it’s peak and be efficient, they require regular care. All A/C units should be inspected by a professional at least once yearly. Regular maintenance can help save on energy costs and increase the lifespan of your equipment.
Reduce AC Repairs. As obvious as this statement might sound, preventative maintenance and regular care can reduce the frequency and severity of when your unit does break down. When you schedule regular maintenance or call Cumming Home Heating and Cooling to repair your A/C before the issue gets worse, this can help make sure problems are fixed while they are small ones.
Equipment Longevity. Along with reduced expenses when there is a need to repair, regular care can extend the life of your equipment by years. Staying ahead of the hot temperature season with maintenance and inspections can make sure your equipment is providing a perfect cool environment for years to come.
Call Cumming Home Heating and Cooling ahead of the hot season to make sure your equipment is running when you need it. Book a service call to repair, request a quote to upgrade equipment, or ask about our air conditioning maintenance plans.
Tips For Air Conditioner Maintenance
- Check your air filter, Check your air filter, Check your air filter, Check your air filter. That’s how important it is.
- Gently hose off the outdoor coil to improve your unit’s efficiency in the spring.
- Closing vents on the lower levels of your home will not greatly improve air flow to top floors. For that, a variable speed motor would significantly help.
- Humidifier dampers must be closed to prevent your air conditioner from short cycling.
- Don’t completely cover your air conditioning unit. In the fall, the warm environment of the unit encourages bugs and rodents to take up residence, leading to potential damage. Make the area less inviting by turning off the breaker.
- To winterize, place a sheet of plastic or plywood over the top of the unit and weigh it down with rocks or bricks, leaving the sides open.
- Clear the furnace room of boxes and storage items to create access to the equipment.
- A blocked drain can cause water to leak out of the bottom of the air conditioner and lead to potential damage to the equipment. So check and clear drains in the spring.
- If you see ice on the outside unit and there is little cooling then turn the unit off and call for service.
- Cumming Home Heating & Cooling only uses licensed technicians and we recommend you do too.